Assam Police Open 490 New Sub-Inspectors Job 2018 – Job News Assam:
Assam Police are invited from eligible candidates for filling up of 130 existing plus new approval 360 total 490 vacancies in the rank of Sub-Inspector of Police (UB) in the pay scale of Rs.14000- 49000 (Pay Band No. 2)plus Rs. 8700 Grade pay plus other allowances as admissible under the rules. Applications must be submitted online through the Assam Police website (www.assampolice.gov.in).
The online application will be received with effect from 23-10-2018 and the last date of receiving application will be 12-11-2018. No application will be received thereafter.
- 30% (thirty percent) of the vacancies in each category are reserved for women.
Details of Vacancies and Reservation:
Category: General (Unreserved)
Male – 249
Female – 107
Total – 356
Male – 74
Female – 31
Total – 105
Male – 06
Female – 03
Total – 09
Male – 05
Female – 02
Total – 07
Male – 09
Female – 04
Total – 13
Total: Male – 343, Female – 147, Grand Total: – 490
ASSAM POLICE SUB-INSPECTORS JOB ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
In order to appear for the written test, the aspiring candidate must satisfy the following criteria.
(a) Nationality required for Assam Police Sub-Inspectors Job Post: Candidates must be Indian Citizen, ordinarily resident of Assam.
(b) Age guideline for Assam Police Sub-Inspectors Job Post: Candidate should not be more than 24 years and less than 20 years of age as on 1st
January 2018. (Candidate must be born on or before 01-01-1998 and on or after 01-01-1994).
Relaxation in Assam Police Sub-Inspectors Job Post: Upper age limit is relaxable by 05 (five) years in case of candidates belonging to SC, ST (H) and ST (P).(Candidate must be born on or before 01-01-1998 and on or after 01-01-1989).
For the purpose of determining the age limit, the SLPRB will accept only the date of birth recorded in the Matriculation or equivalent examination certificate issued by a recognized Education Board.
(c) Educational Qualification: The candidate must be a graduate in Arts, Science, Commerce or equivalent stream from a recognized College / Institutions affiliated to a recognized University.
(d) Physical Standards for Assam Police Sub-Inspectors Job Post:
(e) Medical Standards for Assam Police Sub-Inspectors Job Post:
- General: Candidates must not have squint eyes, and should possess high color vision. Varicose vein shall be considered a temporary disqualification. He/ She must be in good mental and physical health. He/She must be free from any physical deformities and free from diseases such as diabetes, hernia, piles, respiratory diseases or any other ailment that is likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties.
- Eye Sight: The distant vision should be 6/6 for at least one eye and not poorer than 6/9 for the other without correction. Near vision should be normal.
HOW TO APPLY ON ASSAM POLICE SUB-INSPECTORS JOB:
Applications must be submitted online through Assam Police website www.assampolice.gov.in. There is no application fee.
Required to upload scanned copies of the following documents:
(1) Passport Size Photograph for Assam Police Sub-Inspectors Job Post:
Please pay attention to upload a good quality photograph. Poor quality of photographs uploaded will lead to rejection of your application. The admit card will be printed with the photo you uploaded.
- The photograph must be in color and must be taken in a professional studio. Photograph taken using a mobile phone and other self-composed portraits are not acceptable.
- The photograph must be taken in a white or a very light background.
- The photograph must have been taken after 1st January 2018.
- The face should occupy about 50% of the area in the photograph, and with a full face view looking into the camera directly.
- The main features of the face must not be covered by the hair of the head, any cloth or any shadow. Forehead, both-eyes, nose, cheek, lip, and chin should be clearly visible.
- If you normally wear spectacles, glare on glasses is not acceptable in your photo.
- Ask your photo studio to provide the image in a JPEG format and also on a standard 4.5cm x 3.5cm (45mm x 35mm) print.
- Maximum pixel resolution for JPEG: 640 x 480 (0.3 Mega Pixel) (Ask your studio to reduce it to this resolution if it is higher.
- Minimum pixel resolution for JPEG: 320 x 240.
- The maximum file size is 450 kb (kilobytes).
- For your own benefit, it may be prudent not to intentionally change your facial features or hairstyle from what is seen in the photograph until the day of the exam.
(2) Signature for Assam Police Sub-Inspectors Job Post:
- Please put your signature with a black or dark blue ink on a white paper.
- Get the signature digitally photograph/image scanned by a professional photo studio, and get the image cropped by the studio itself.
- Only JPEG image formats will be accepted.
- The maximum pixel resolution for the image is 800 x 300.
- The minimum pixel resolution for the image is 400 x 150.
- Dimension of signature image should be 3.5cm (width) x 2.5cm (height).
- The maximum file size is 100 kb.
- Mobile phone photograph of the signature is not acceptable and can result in disqualification of the application.
(3) Documents Required for Assam Police Sub-Inspectors Job Post:
- i) Certificate of proof of age. (H.S.L.C. / equivalent Admit Card)
- ii) Certificate of Caste / Tribe.
iii) Certificate of Graduation (BA / B. SC / B.Com or equivalent)
The candidate will then click on the ‘Complete’ button to indicate that they agree to all the entries made in the form. The candidate can then download the registration/application slip with ID No.
Candidates will be able to download the Admit Card/Call Letter from the Assam Police website by entering their ID number. The SLPRB will not be responsible for any discrepancies that may arise due to the entry of the wrong mobile number and email address by the candidate. Incomplete /defective/invalid application will be summarily rejected.
ASSAM POLICE SUB-INSPECTORS JOB SELECTION PROCEDURE:
Candidates whose applications are found correct in all respects will be called for a written test which will be conducted in all the District Headquarters. The candidates will have to appear for the Written Test in the district of his/ her present residential address. The Chairman reserves the right to change the venue of the test and no representation etc. will be entertained in this regard. Before entering the examination center, biometrics of each candidate will be done.
The written test will be of 100 marks and will be completely OMR based. There will be 100 questions and each question will be of 1 (one) mark. There will be negative marking of ½ marks for each wrong answer. The questions will be set in three parts (i) Logical reasoning, aptitude, comprehension (ii) Matters relating to History and Culture of Assam and India and (iii) General Knowledge. Candidates will use black or dark blue ball pen to answer the OMR based answer sheet. Duration of the test will be of3 (three) hours
Candidates numbering only 5 times the number of posts in respect of each category (Unreserved, S.T. (P), S.T. (H), OBC/MOBC) both male & female will be called for PST (Physical Standard Test) and PET (Physical Efficiency Test) on merit basis. A list will be published in the Assam Police Website as well as in leading dailies of Assam.
Testimonials / Documents to be submitted when appearing in PST/PET:
The candidates should bring a set of attested photocopies along with the originals of the following documents/materials for verification by the Selection Committee on the date of PST/PET. Candidates failing to bring the originals will not be considered for such qualifications as claimed by him/her and no further rectifications will be entertained after the test date.
- Certificate of proof of age. (H.S.L.C. / equivalent Admit Card)
- Certificate of HSLC or equivalent examination.
- Certificate of Graduation (BA / B. SC / B.Com or equivalent) ( pass certificate as well as mark sheet in original)
- Certificate of additional qualification such as Degree / Diploma Certificate from recognized/accredited institute etc. ( pass certificate as well as mark sheet in original)
- Certificate of Sports / Games etc. (For which the candidate would be claiming the weight of marks)
- Experience of service in Home Guards and Certificates of NCC including the certificate of medals/Republic Day Participation Certificate etc.
- Certificate of Caste from the competent authority in respect of the candidates belonging to ST (P) / ST (H) / SC / OBC & MOBC.
ASSAM POLICE SUB-INSPECTORS JOB SCRUTINY OF DOCUMENTS:
Submission of any incorrect information or forged document at any stage will lead to disqualification of the candidate and may also render him/her liable to criminal prosecution.
All the Photostat copies submitted by the candidates will have to be duly certified by a gazetted officer with the seal of office and also self-attested by the candidate.
PHYSICAL STANDARD TEST FOR ASSAM POLICE SUB-INSPECTORS JOB:
The PST will carry no marks. Varicose vein shall be considered a temporary disqualification. Once a candidate clears the PST, he/she will have to appear in the Physical Efficiency Test (PET).
ASSAM POLICE PHYSICAL EFFICIENCY TEST: – 40 Marks
The Physical Efficiency Test will carry 40 marks. It will have 2 (two) events viz.
(a) 1600 meters race for male candidates and 800 meters race for female candidates.
Male Candidates required in Assam Police:
(a) Race: Those who qualify in the PST will have to appear in1600 meters race to be completed within 450 seconds. Maximum qualifying time 450 seconds
Award of Marks for 1600 Meters in Assam Police:
Time has taken 300 Sec. or less: 20 marks
For the next 30 Sec. of time taken, marks will decrease at the rate of 0.12 marks per second.
Thus, for 330 Sec. or less but more than 329 Sec.: 16.4 marks
For the next 40 Sec. of time taken, marks will decrease at the rate of 0.08 marks per second.
Thus, for 370 Sec. or less but more than 369 Sec.: 13.2 marks
For the next 40 Sec. of time taken, marks will decrease at the rate of 0.05 marks per second.
Thus, for 410 Sec. or less but more than 409 Sec.: 11.2 marks
For the next 40 Sec. of time taken, marks will decrease at the rate of 0.03 marks per second.
Thus, for 450 Sec. or less but more than 449 Sec.: 10 marks
Award of Marks for Long Jump in Assam Police:
For less than 335cm no marks will be awarded. A valid jump of 335cm is the minimum qualifying level.
Marks for 335cm: 10 marks
For the next 65cm, marks will increase at the rate of 0.04 per cm.
Thus, marks for 400cm: 12.6 marks
For the next 50cm, marks will increase at the rate of 0.06 per cm.
Thus, marks for 450cm: 15.6 marks
For the next 30cm, marks will increase at the rate of 0.08 per cm.
Thus, marks for 480cm: 18 marks
For the next 20cm, marks will increase at the rate of 0.10 per cm.
Award of Marks for 800 Meters Race in Assam Police:
Time has taken 160 Sec. or less: 20 marks
For the next 20 Sec. of time taken, marks will decrease at the rate of 0.16 marks per second.
Thus, for 180 Sec. or less but more than 179 Sec.: 16.8 marks
For the next 20 Sec. of time taken, marks will decrease at the rate of 0.14 marks per second.
Thus, for 200 Sec. or less but more than 199 Sec.: 14.0 marks
For the next 20 Sec. of time taken, marks will decrease at the rate of 0.12 marks per second.
Thus, for 220 Sec. or less but more than 219 Sec.: 11.6 marks
For the next 20 Sec. of time taken, marks will decrease at the rate of 0.08 marks per second.
Thus, for 240 Sec. or less but more than 239 Sec.: 10.0 marks
Award of Marks for Long Jump in Assam Police:
Marks for 244 cm: 10 marks
For the next 45 cm, marks will increase at the rate of 0.04 per cm.
Thus, marks for 289 cm: 11.8 marks
For the next 30 cm, marks will increase at the rate of 0.06 per cm.
Thus, marks for 319 cm: 13.6 marks
For the next 30cm, marks will increase at the rate of 0.08 per cm.
Thus, marks for 349 cm: 16 marks
For the next 40 cm, marks will increase at the rate of 0.10 per cm.
Thus, marks for 389 cm: 20 marks
Marks for a valid jump of more than 389 cm: 20 marks
ASSAM POLICE SUB-INSPECTORS JOB PROFICIENCY IN COMPUTERS:
Max Marks – 30 (Thirty)
(a) ACADEMIC- 10 Marks
(i) Master of Computer Application (MCA) – 10 (ten) marks
(ii) Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) -07 (seven) marks
(iii) 2 (two) years Diploma from any Govt. /UGC recognized/accredited Universities/ Institutions. – 06 (six) marks
(iv) 1 (one) Year Diploma from any Govt. /UGC recognized/accredited Universities/Institutions – 04 (four) marks
(v) Minimum 6 (six) months course in Computers from any Govt. /UGC recognized / accredited Universities / Institutions – 02 (two) marks
(b) Field Practical (Practical test of each candidate on computer) – 20 (twenty) marks.
ASSAM POLICE SUB-INSPECTORS JOB EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES:
Maximum – 30 (Thirty) Marks
(A) NATIONAL CADET CORPS (NCC) – Maximum Marks – 05 (Five)
(i) NCC ‘C’ Certificate + Attended Republic Day Camp (At Delhi) – 05 (five) marks
(ii) NCC ‘C’ Certificate – 04 (four) marks
(iii) NCC ‘B’ Certificate + Attended Republic Day Camp (At Delhi)- 04 (four) marks
(iv) NCC ‘B’ Certificate – 03 (three) marks
(v) NCC ‘A’ Certificate + Attended Republic Day Camp (At Delhi) – 03 (three) marks
(vi) NCC ‘A’ Certificate – 02 (three) marks
(vii) Attended any NCC Camp (with Certificate) – 01 (one) mark
(B) HOME GUARDS – Maximum Marks – 05 (Five)
(1) Home Guards who have completed the basic course with refresher training and on duty as Home Guard for a period of 4 (four) years or more. – 03 (three) marks
(2) Home Guards who have completed the basic training and deployed as Home Guard
continuously for a period of more than 2 (two) years but less than 4 (four) years. – 02 (two) marks
(3) Home Guards who have completed the basic training and deployed as Home Guard continuously for a period of more than 1 (one) year but less than 2 (two) years. – 01 (one) mark
(C) SPORTS – Maximum Marks – 10 (Ten)
(i) Represented India in International events recognized by the International Olympic Committee in any discipline and received medals. – 10 (ten) marks
(ii) Represented India in International events recognized by
The International Olympic Committee in any discipline. – 08 (eight) marks
(iii) National level Sportsperson who represented the State in any discipline recognized by the Indian Olympic Association and received medals. – 06 (six) marks
(iv) National level Sportsperson who represented the State in any discipline recognized by the Indian Olympic Association. – 04 (four) marks
(v) State level Sportsperson who represented District in State Level Competition and won medals in any discipline recognized by the Indian Olympic Association – 02 (two) marks
(D) EXTRA ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENTS:- Maximum 10 Marks.
(i) 45 % – 59.99 % marks in BA/B. SC/B.Com or equivalent in aggregate – 02 (two) mark
(ii) 60 % and above marks in BA/B.Sc./B.Com or equivalent – 04 (four) marks in aggregate
- 45 % to 59.99 % marks in B. Tech/Degrees in Engineering/MBBS/BDS/LLB (after H.S. ) – 4 (four) marks
- 60 % and above marks in B. Tech/degrees in Engineering/MBBS/BDS/LLB (after H.S- 6 (six) marks
(iv) Additional Degrees- MA/M. Sc./M.Com/LLB/MBA (after graduation)/LLM/PG in other Streams -6 (six) marks.
Note: However, candidates possessing both the degrees mentioned at Sl. iii & iv above will get maximum 10 marks
ASSAM POLICE SUB-INSPECTORS JOB OTHER INSTRUCTION:
(i) Based on the aggregate performance of the candidates in the Written test, Physical Test, Computer proficiency and Extracurricular activities.
Selection will be made category-wise for the post of Sub-Inspector (UB) subject to the condition of successful completion of their character and antecedents verification and satisfactory Medical report from the competent authorities. The total numbers of finally selected candidates will be equal to the numbers of the existing vacancies advertised.
(ii) On selection, candidates will be put through a prescribed course of training for 1 (one) year at the Assam Police Training College, Dergaon which includes regular physical training and classroom session.
ASSAM POLICE SUB-INSPECTORS JOB GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS TO THE CANDIDATES:
(1) Canvassing directly or indirectly shall render such candidates unfit for the post.
(2) No TA / DA will be admissible to candidates for the journey and stay at any stage of the recruitment process.
(3) The select list will remain valid for appointment from date of announcement of the result for one year or till the date of next advertisement of similar post whichever is earlier.
(4) The Chairman, SLPRB, Assam reserves the right to make changes or cancel or postpone the recruitment process on specific grounds.
(5) The physical tests are strenuous and candidates who are in proper medical condition only should take the tests. The SLPRB will not be liable for any injury or casualty suffered by a candidate during the tests due to any pre-existing medical condition of the candidate concerned.
(6) Fake documents / false information/misrepresentation of facts shall lead to rejection if detected at any stage before/after appointment and shall make the candidate liable to the criminal proceeding as per existing law.
ASSAM POLICE SUB-INSPECTORS JOB GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS TO THE CANDIDATES:
(7) Selected candidates shall have to sign an agreement whereby he/she will be required to serve a minimum period of 3 (three) years after successful completion of training or in default to refund the cost of training and traveling expenses paid by the government.
(8) The offering of bribe or any favor by a candidate or by any individual on behalf of any candidate is a criminal offense. Such an activity shall result in immediate disqualification of the candidature of that particular candidate.
(9) Candidates should mention their full/proper address with PIN Code.
(10) In case of any clarification, the decision of the Selection Board will be final.
(11) The final appointment after the selection is subject to a satisfactory Police Verification Report and Final Medical Examination Report as per existing norms.
(12) The rules & regulations, terms & conditions of training and afterward will be applicable as prevalent in Assam Police.
Transparent Process in Assam Police:
- Chairman, State Level Police Recruitment Board
- Gr. Floor, Assam Police Housing Corporation,
- Rehabari, Guwahati-781008
The offering of bribe for any favor by a candidate or on his/her behalf is a criminal offense. Such an activity may result in immediate disqualification of his/her candidature.
More Information About Assam Police Recruitment 2018 – Job News Assam
Visit the Official Website: Click Here
Apply Online: Click Here